Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 3 Still no Toilet

So I waited all day for the plumber. I had seen him last night when I went to throw out my garbage and he told me he'd come at 8:15. No one came until 5. When they came, my landlord realized he wanted to much to lay the tile, so my toilet still sit, precariously perched on an open hole. My landlord worked out a bathroom schedule with my neighbors, one day here one day there and we'll see how it goes. I hope she finds a tiler before she goes back to Italy! I do have faith and am lucky as this incident, as with the other plumbing incidents has brought me closer to my neighbors and fostered a sense of community. I am trying not to be bothered by the fact that it is centered around my toilet.
Below is a video of some of the creative plumbing solutions and my large, new orange pipe. You will also be treated to the creative electrical solutions which may or may not exist in your country.

No comments: