Friday, September 3, 2010

It Finally Happened

I've heard of it happening to other volunteers. I've heard the horror stories, but its never happened to me. Or, I should say in the last 8 months it hasn't happened to me- until today. The electricity went out at the gym. Not a big deal right? Think- treadmill + running + electricity cut. Exactly - Ejection. Thought so. So, luckily I was being lazy and having a prolonged warm up so I was not forcefully hurled from the treadmill. When the generator came back on I hesitated a bit before I started running but since the guys who run my gym are some of the most responsible, respectful and effective business men and citizens in Vlore I really didn't worry to much. And in fact, 28 minutes later, before switching off the generator, one of the brother came up to me and quite nicely asked if I would stop running so they could switch the power back on. Sweet. Who says NYC is more exciting? I'll challenge those propulsion threat-free gym goers any day.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Great post! It made me laugh.