Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back and Forth to Blat

Today I think all I did was walk back and forth between Shales and Blat. In fact, Kristine and I walked back and forth so many times that her host sister thought we were doing it on purpose for exercise. We weren’t . Circumstances lead to us trudging the road way too many times for comfort and left us completely exhausted by the end of the day.

Part of the reason we had to keep trekking the 1 mile between Blat, where I live, and Shales, the village where I catch the furgon and go to school, is that Kristine lives in Shales but Albi (the puppy) lives in Blat. He got evicted from Shales really fast. The other is that we run, which means we have to leave from either Shales or Blat. If we leave from Shales, I then have to go to Shales, get my stuff and then walk back to Blat. If we leave from Blat, Kristin has to walk to Shales. Today, we ran from Blat since Katie, or more applicably Albi’s house is on the way to my house and we can’t run with him (he’s a bit pudgy and not so into running right now). We ran from Blat but came back to my house to get the garbage for our project, then Katie’s to get Albi and then walked back to Shales. On the way back, sweaty and puppy in hand, we picked up as much flat gluable garbage as we could find. My box full from the LAS just didn’t have enough.

We took the garbage to Kristines, made a few posters and then went back to Blat to drop Albi off. During one of the multiple stops at my house, Rina had asked Kristine if she liked Marcarona (pasta). Kristine said yes and before we knew Rina was making pasta for dinner and Kristine was invited to join. So, we trudged back, again, to drop off Albi and eat. It was getting a bit ridiculous.

My River Pollution poster got fondled by everyone on the way, so it is not going to look to fresh tomorrow. However, most people seemed to like it, so I guess better ratty and good than fresh and sucky.

No comments: