Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Added Bonus

So as those dedicated followers to my blog know, I've been without water for 12 days now. First I wasn't so bothered. I thought it was temporary, plus I had stored plenty of water for this sort of thing. Additionally, in those first days it came in sporadically (sporadicness is only consistency i know). However, for the past six days, basically since that post I have had nothing. I mean nothing. I have left my taps open, put buckets under my shower but the water is gone. Nothing. Meaning creative bathing is not even an option, nor is dishes or well- I spare you the gory details.
Now I have the added bonus of no electricity. It went out about 3 hours ago. So, you ask, in a very logical way, how are you posting this? After 3 hours of reading my flashlight in my waterless apartment I need to leave. I was also curious about the extent of the black out - was it country wide like the last one or my community. So I went out, bought some water, returned, went out again and found out that my favorite internet cafe has a very loud but effective generator. Hence, here I am

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow ! That really sucks dude... noe electricity on top of now water-- total bummer. You are really living the Peace Corps experience now .... I guess.. Seriously though good luck I know you are in a shitty situation so I really hope you grind your teeth and get through it -- If I were you I would be on a plane to Rome...