Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Creative Bathing and Electrical Outages

Quick post before I run to my first meeting with UNDP updating you concerned person on the water situation before my electricity goes out (again).

Going on day 6, however have done some investigative research (i.e. spoke to all my neighbors) and found out that no one has water because the municipality is doing repairs on the main water lines. However, the city has not yet made a public announcement. Thankfully, I honed my bucket bathing technique while living in the village but haven't exactly bought a huge cauldron for my city apartment and tiny two burner stove top (which has its own room). Unfortunately, this happened the week of my new job. Needless to I've invented some pretty creative bathing techniques and am really happy that someone had to foresight to invent deodorant.

Also received a text from our safety and security officer that OSSH, the Albanian energy company, will be running black outs across the country today. But since my computer that my father generously bought for me as a going away present two days before I left has already been completely and utterly destroyed by the inconsistent energy here, I'm not sure what harm is left to do. I guees this would be an excellent time to stock up on batteries.

No comments: